Fat & Weight Loss
What is Obesity?
Obesity is excess deposition of body fat to the extent that it may have an adverse effect on health.
How do I know if I am obese?
- Obesity can be measured using BMI.
- BMI is calculated by dividing body weight (kilograms) by height (metres) squared.
- BMI= WEIGHT(KG) / HEIGHT(m)2
- World Health Organisation BMI classification system for adults
BMI range (kg/m2) Classification < 18.5 Underweight 18.5 – 24.9 Healthy weight 25 -29.9 Overweight 30 – 39.9 Obese > 40 Morbidly obese
What are types of fat?
- Subcutaneous fat is found directly under the skin. It’s the fat that’s measured using skin-fold calipers to estimate your total body fat.
- This fat aids in the process of homeostasis, by forming a layer of insulation to slow heat loss.
Visceral Fat (Intra-abdominal fat)
- Visceral fat gets deposited around the inner organs like belly fat (stomach, liver, intestines, kidneys, etc.) and spells trouble for your health.
- It interferes with sugar metabolism & also increases blood cholesterol level.
- Visceral fat increases your risk for diabetes, heart disease, stroke, and even dementia.
WHAT IS HEALTHY (scientific) WEIGHT LOSS?
Healthy weight loss consists of-
- Reducing surface fat
- Reducing visceral fat
- Improving your muscle mass & metabolic rate
Recommended rate of scientific weight loss by WHO is 2-3 kgs/month.
Get one step closer to the figure you’ve always dreamed of with non-surgical body contouring treatments. They use advanced technology to safely and comfortably deliver energy below the skin’s surface, where it works to shrink fat cells. The result is a slimmer figure with a more defined shape. Today’s treatments can target both smaller, hard-to-hit areas like the arms and jawline, and larger, more common problem areas like the abdomen and thighs.
We use Venus Freeze to target your problem.